The way these kids were treated is unacceptable. Something needs to change.
1. We punish them for being braveTeen Prevents Knife Attack, Gets Reprimanded
2. We make them fear friendshipKindergarten Girl Suspended for Threatening to Use Hello Kitty Bubble Gun
3. We don’t let them be themselvesDeaf Preschooler Asked to Change Name Because ASL Version Looks Like a Weapon
4. We punish them for sticking to their beliefsGirl Suspended for Touching Pill
5. We reprimand them for pulling harmless pranksTeen Arrested for Yelling "Bingo" in Bingo Hall
6. We force them to be more dependent.Mom Arrested for Letting Kids Play Outside
7. We don’t let them play with their foodSeven-Year-Old Suspended For Gun-Shaped Poptart
8. We don’t let them get their hands dirtyKid Punished for Bag of Dirt Because It Looked Like Pot
9. We punish them for being honestEighth Grader Punished for Reporting Students Having Sex on a Bus
10. We crush their individualityKindergartner Suspended for Mohawk
11. We make them ask permission for everythingMom Calls the Cops on Son for Stealing Poptarts
12. We crush their dreamsPolice Force Girls to Shut Down Lemonade Stand
13. We take away their free speechEleven-Year-Old Suspended for Saying "Gun"
14. We teach them to be ashamed of their bodily functionsMiddle School Boy Arrested for Burping in Class
15. We made spreading cooties a sex crimeCops Called on Twelve-Year-Old for Kissing Boy
16. We discourage close personal relationshipsSchools Discourage Children From Having Best Friends
17. We take away their ballsToronto School Bans Balls on Playground
18. We prevent them from being educatedSchools Ban Dictionaries
19. We prohibit them from acting like adultsGirl Arrested for Spraying Perfume
20. We don’t let them up stand for what they believe inGirl Suspended for School Project that Confronts Bullying
21. We don’t let them play roughSix-Year-Old Accused of Sexual Battery for Game of Tag
It’s time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Let’s get it together, America.
Click below to share Share on Facebook 2948 people sharing