1. Cleopatra lived closer to the building of Pizza Hut than the pyramids.
2. Every two minutes, we take as many photos as all of humanity took during the 1800s.
3. Oxford University is older than the Aztecs.
4. Will Smith is now older than Uncle Phil was at the beginning of "The Fresh Prince."
5. In the span of 66 years, we went from taking flight to landing on the moon.
6. There is more processing power in a TI-83 calculator than in the computer that landed Apollo 11 on the moon.
7. The oldest living person's birth is closer to the signing of the Constitution than present day.
8. John Tyler, America's 10th President, has two living grandchildren.
9. The first pyramids were built while the woolly mammoth was still alive.
10. The fax machine was invented the same year people were traveling the Oregon Trail.
11. France was still executing people by guillotine when Star Wars came out.
12. Betty White is older than sliced bread.
13. This is what the difference in Olympic Gold looks like across 56 years of women’s vault.
14. Everything in this 1991 RadioShack ad exists in a single smartphone.
15. When Warner Brothers formed, the Ottoman Empire was still alive.
16. Harvard University was founded before calculus was derived.
17. The last time the Chicago Cubs won a World Series, women were not allowed to vote.
18. Humans never fully experience the "present" - we're always living in the past.
19. There was more time between the Stegosaurus and the Tyrannosaurus Rex than between the Tyrannosaurus Rex and you.
20. If you’re over 45, the world population has doubled in your lifetime.
21. There are whales alive today who were born before Moby Dick was written.
22. If the history of Earth were compressed to a single year, modern humans would appear on December 31st at about 11:58pm.
23. If that’s not enough, this is what’s happening in the world at this very moment.
Our obsessive fascination with time is unique to the human race. Although we've tried to measure it, track it, and define it since the dawn of civilization, facts like these show us how inaccurate our perceptions can be and how much we have yet to learn about the fourth dimension. Share this post with others and enlighten them about time!
Satisfy your curiosity by checking out more lists on Distractify! See below.